Saturday 5 February 2011

salted caramel sauce

It's been quiet on the blogging front lately, not to say that I haven't been eating. In fact my five days on the Dukan diet, coupled with a wild goosechase around Oxford Street in the rain culminating in me eating a Pret 'Artisan cheese' or whatever theyFont size call it, but regardless, man that's a good sandwich. The Whistles trousers still don't fit.

I've started a new job too, and not going to say much other than it has been very busy.

However, the main focus of this post is to wax lyrical about the wonderful birthday presents I received and in particular, Artisan du Chocolat's Salted Caramel sauce.

salted caramel

I mentioned previously how much I loved their salted caramels encased in dark chocolate and bitter cocoa but this is in another league of pure unadulterated loveliness. Despite the label's proclamation that the sauce 'contains molluscs' (yum) this is the most delicious thing, and finding an excuse the pour it on something is half the pleasure.

Last night, Mr LROC was at some middle management conference, so I bought two slices of baked NY cheesecake from Marks and dowsed it in this stuff. Heaven on a plate. Forget the 'taste the finest' gateux with salted caramel shenanigans, this is the real deal. So bitter, so sweet.

My love for salted chocolate seems to know no bounds, maybe I just need to get a cuttlefish in my cage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails