Tuesday 3 August 2010

the commercial tavern


The Commercial Tavern on Commercial Street in Spitalfields isn't an amazing pub - I've had fun playing pool there and knocking back drinks with friends but it still doesn't really have the feel of a local. That said it's a pretty good place for a drink after a sojourn around Brick Lane and the various Sunday markets.

What is remarkable about it however are two things - the fantastic selection of offbeat beers, real ales and locally brewed whatnots including, you guessed it, Meantime and the extraordinary eclectic interior. Late on Sunday afternoon Mr LROC and I decided to stop by for a swift few and I took a couple of photos.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I would highly recommend the Meantime Helles - much nicer than their London Pale Ale and with a light German taste (I'm guessing it's called Helles because it is just that - since Hell is German for light) so if you're in the area do stop by.

2 comments:

  1. it has this peculiar old feeling..^^
    interesting..

    i love your background image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - It's just a blogger template - I might have to change my heder though as it now looks like I've ripped it off Cherry Blossom Girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails