Saturday 14 August 2010

vintage boudoir at julia boggio studios

A while back I mentioned that I was trying to stay off the cakes for a little surprise I had planned for Mr LROC, well, as you can see from the detailed descriptions of what I've chowed and quaffed the diet failed a little. I also failed to keep the plan a surprise and told him on a night out - whoopsie! However, none of that mattered on Thursday 12th when my Vintage Boudoir shoot with the multi-talented Julia Boggio came around.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I originally came across her photography when planning my own wedding, and though by that time I had already booked a photographer I saw the relatively new concept of vintage boudoir on her site and knew I had to book it for some point in the future. When I saw that Kat from RocknRoll bride had her own shoot then I knew I needed it in my life. Although i'd planned to give the images to my husband in an album as an anniversary pressie, they would be fantastic as a confidence boost, wall art or just the chance to say 'Hell yes, I'm hot', which I have to confess was one of the other key reasons I decided to go for it. I wanted to have one of her fab prints or acrylics up on the wall to remind me not to worry on those days when I feel fat, or my hair just won't behave.

Photobucket
And so armed with some key props - the minnie mouse style polka dot shoes from Miss Selfridge pictured below; and my Agent Provocateur heart shaped nipple tassles I arrived at her Wimbledon studios ready for the shoot. Costumes and props are fully provided, but feel clients are free to bring along whatever they like (within reason!) for the shoot as well.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Although I was initially nervous - what if I look fat, argh I should have dieted etc - I needn't have been. I was handed a glass of prosecco as the fabulous Kaz Fernando began to do my make up and hair. After 90 minutes I was completely stunned by the transformation - I was a proper pin-up girl complete with a Bettie Page style rolled fringe. I looked amazing if I do say so myself.

After that it was into wardrobe - I was given a pair of fully fashioned nylon stockings and my first outfit, for what would be five or six costume changes. I had selected a couple of shots I liked from the site and suggested another pose based on a Gil Elvgren pin up I'd seen which Julia was happy to try and replicate. She had also proposed a couple of other looks that would work well.

I felt a little bit like a star during the shoot itself, as well as the very precise direction from Julia, Kaz would run over and fix my hair or make up if it fell out of place, and what I saw on the back of the camera's LCD screen was already looking fab.

I had an amazing afternoon, and travelled home with my hair still rolled and my false lashes on ready for the evening. I don't think I've ever felt so spoilt, and I can't wait to see the edited images in a few weeks time. I honestly think every girl should give it a go a some point - the images can be as modest or saucy as you like and it's a guaranteed confidence boost. Emerging from the studio into the rainy streets of South West London was a bit of a downer, but I knew I had a fantastic evening planned, and hair and make up already taken care of!

The shoot cost £455 and albums, frames, wall acrylics etc are all priced individually.

Give the studio a ring on 020 7042 9777 and speak to the lovely Sonja to get booked in.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails