Monday 18 October 2010

zombies ate my cupcake


It's nearly halloween - my favourite excuse to put on a silly costume and party. Each year my work hosts a 'spooky food' competition and this year the prize will be mine. How is that you ask, well I've come across Lili Vanilli's ace recipes in 'A Zombie Ate My Cupcake'.

Photobucket
Lili Vanilli is both gourmet baker and surreal baker - responsible for some of the creations at the Mad Artists Tea Party, and, if the ES Magazine is to be believed, has more than a helping hand in creating the 18+ cakeshop Eat Your Heart Out - coming your way this halloween.

Now, I've always been under the impression that zombies preferred fresh human brains to sugar and sponge, and those that know me will know that I like to have a z-day plan in place (zombie geek), but I love the artful graphic look of the shattered glass cupcakes.

Photobucket
Fortunately I don't have to look too hard as she has kindly shared the recipe for the sugar glass and the cherry fake blood sauce - stick them on a red velvet (or green velvet as I once tried) and the halloween baking prize is in the bag.

Photobucket

There are other more gruesome and far less appetising confections too - ears, bleeding hearts, brains and fingers not to mention Dios las Muertos cakes too.

Photobucket

Those of a more nervous disposition will be pleased to know that her cakes of a more gourmet variety are available at Harrods, though you've just missed the Chocolate Week confections.

Photobucket
There's another recipe on her blog - one that puts the devil into devil's food cake, the link is here http://lily-vanilli.blogspot.com/2010/09/recipe-for-devils-food-cupcakes.html

Photobucket

Buy A Zombie Ate My Cupcake at Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails